It’s Spring Break Time! If you are staying close to home here are a few fun suggestions for you and your family.
1) Hands On Children’s Museum: Spring break camps for K-4th graders. Explore the desert, take a trip thru space or visit the worlds famous islands. See the Museum website for details and to register: http://www.hocm.org/page.php?id=493
2) The Somewhat True Story of Robin Hood will be showing at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts. Bring your family to enjoy this adventure filled play. See website for show times: http://www.washingtoncenter.org/
3) Enjoy the world of flight? Visit our Thurston County treasure, The Olympic Flight Museum and explore the world of flight. Open Wednesday – Sunday, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. http://www.olympicflightmuseum.com/index.php
4) Want to paint your own masterpiece? Come check out Let’s Paint! located downtown. Let’s Paint is a fun and unique painting experience where you are guided through the evening’s featured painting, step-by-step by one of their instructors. At the end of your evening you walk away with you very own 16×20 personal piece of artwork! Check out their calendar of events at: http://letspaintoly.com/
5) Olympia Farmer’s Market is Opening for the 2013 Season: On Thursday, April 4th, come down to the Market and enjoy some locally grown produce, hand-made items, great food and live music. http://www.olympiafarmersmarket.com/
6) Skiing? Yes! There is still time to hit the slopes and the late snowfall has made for great spring skiing. One of our favorites is White Pass and they are open every day of spring break! For snow report, conditions and hours of operation visit: http://www.skiwhitepass.com/
Whether you are sticking around the South Sound or travelling afar this spring break we wish you a wonderful time with your family.